Laramie Letters 2/12
Happy Second Week of February! This week, we are feeling the love around the school with Valentine’s coming up! We have a few events coming up this week that I am hoping to see you all at!
-Mrs. Sarah Laramie
Laramie Letters Action Items
- Donate to the Tax Credit Arts/PE Program click here to donate
- San Tan University Registration click here for form
- Montessori Fundraiser Event click here for registration
For more information on the above and more, please read below!!
San Tan University
Join us Thursday, February 13th from 7:00-9:00 PM in the Recker Gym as we hear from the incredibly talented Dr. Paul Beljan as he speaks on the gifted brain and their various idiosyncrasies, followed by our very own Dr. Sippel as he shares the San Tan Vision 2020.
All March lunch orders MUST be completed by the end of day Monday, February 24th at 11:59 PM
March’s Lunch Menu is ready at http://secure.santancharterschool.com/
Montessori Vision 2020
Come Tuesday February 18th at 5:30 to learn about San Tan’s vision for the future of the Montessori Experience at the Recker Campus!
Guest Teachers needed
How would you like to be more a part of the San Tan family and guest teach for us? We are in need of those parents who love to be with children and teach using the love and logic approach. Hours vary. Could be half day or full day. You may specify the age group that you feel comfortable teaching. If you are interested please email Gwen Golonka, Elementary Admin Assistant at email@example.com. Or stop by the office for a guest teacher packet.
Montessori Fundraiser Event
Through the years we have traveled from Fashions shows to A Night in Paris and celebrated at the Montessori Golden Globes, now we take you on a grand adventure to:
A Night in Atlantis
February 29th at 7:00 pm
Sponsored by Willmeng
Please join us for an adult evening in the magical underwater Atlantis Kingdom, full of music, fine food, drink and art created by your favorite Montessori Students.
- Learn more about the history of the event, what to expect during the evening, and our current evening sponsors: click here
Tickets are on sale now. $35.00 for General Admission and $60.00 For VIP Seating. Purchase Tickets or become a Sponsor: click here to pay
- VIP tickets include: Reserved seating, Pictures at a themed photo shoot of your child, Pictures will be printed and placed at your seats, you will also enjoy wine at your table.
- VIP Picture sign up: https://www.signupgenius.com/go/4090b48a8ad2aa3fa7-vipphoto
Help Feed Our Teachers!
We are asking parents to help support our staff by providing dinner items during the evening of our late night teacher conferences in March. Our theme for the late night on Thursday, March 5 is a Taco/Burrito Bar. Please have all donation items fully cooked and dropped off to the front office by 4:00 pm on March 5. Our teachers will be getting a dinner break from 4:00-5:00. We have 70 staff members on campus this year. To sign up, please click the link below. We sincerely appreciate any and all donations.
Arizona Tax Credit– Donation Opportunity
The tax credit program is the perfect way to give and support San Tan Charter School’s goal of $93,750.00. The program is a win/win for everyone. By redirecting your tax dollars, you will support special programs at San Tan Charter School such as Music Education and STEM, which each student participates in and Physical Education including Character Education, in which students participate in daily. It also helps support our Library and computer lab time for our students. At the Junior High and High School levels this helps support our amazing electives offerings.
The best part, is whatever you contribute, you will receive dollar for dollar back on your state taxes. So, if you give $100, you can deduct that $100 off what you owe in taxes. If you are a married couple, you may only contribute up to $400. If you are single, the total amount that you can contribute is $200. A one-time contribution is also wonderful.
Donate through your Arizona Tax Credit: https://yqysjrrxph.formstack.com/forms/?1627645-EuNcDzZTd2
Our Private Montessori School gives out around $45,000.00 a year in scholarship to those families in need, we are able to offer these scholarships because of the Arizona Private School tax credit program. The best part is whatever you contribute, you will receive dollar for dollar back on your state taxes with this program as well. So, if you give $500, you can deduct that $500 off what you owe in taxes. If you are a married couple, you may contribute up to $1,138. If you are single, the total amount that you can contribute is $569.
Donate through your Private School Tax Credit: https://yqysjrrxph.formstack.com/forms/privateschooltaxcredit
At this time, we are so excited to find that the Gates Foundation and Donor’s Choose are currently matching teacher’s projects at 50%. Therefore, our teachers are filling out projects at this time. If you would like to donate, you can click on the following links.
Dates to Remember
- Feb. 13th– San Tan University Parent Night
- Feb. 14th– Staff Appreciation Day
- Feb. 17th– President’s Day NO SCHOOL
- Feb. 18th-Montessori Vision 2020 @5:30-7:00
- Feb. 18th– First Grade Field Trip
- Feb. 19th-21st– Fourth Grade Science Camp Field Trip
- Feb. 19th– Intro to Aviation Info Night @6 @Power Campus
- Feb. 19th– Kinder Field Trip
- Feb. 20th– Regional Spelling Bee @ Mesquite JR. High
- Feb. 21st– Middle School Math League
- Feb. 22nd– Elementary School Math League
- Feb. 25th– Middle School Music Concert
- Feb. 25th– Fifth and Sixth Grade Field Trip
- Feb. 26th– Half Day
- Feb. 26th– Power Campus Elective Showcase @ 5 @ Power Campus
- Feb. 27th– 7th Grade Field Trip
- Feb. 28th– Color Guard North Side Winds Show 4:30pm @ Williams Field High School
- Mar. 3rd-6th– Book Fair
- Mar. 4th-6th– Half Day Teacher Conference
- Mar. 9-18th– Spring Break
Athletic Dates to Remember
Athletic Dates for best reference Click Here
Mrs. Sarah Laramie, M.A.
Principal, Recker Campus
Doctoral Candidate, Grand Canyon University
San Tan Charter School
3959 E. Elliot Rd.
Gilbert, AZ 85234
“Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world”- Nelson Mandela