Good Day Roadrunner Community,
After carefully monitoring of the coronavirus (COVID-19) situation, and after meeting with our Corporate Board of Directors while considering the input of parents, teachers and staff. We have made the decision today to close San Tan Charter School campuses to students effective Thursday, March 19. The closure will remain in effect through Thursday, April 9th. While many schools are closing indefinitely, I felt it important to provide a clear outline for our community. If the State of Arizona gives schools a different directive, we will follow such direction. Please know that information continues to change daily and sometimes hourly. Essential operations such as the office and campus cleaning will continue to be operational at all times. Below is an outline for the remainder of the year:
- Charter School closed for all educational services = March 19th – April 9th.
- Online Instruction for all Charter School students; no on campus instruction = April 14th – May 1st.
- We will be working together as a staff to design an individual approach as outlined in all students’ Individual Learning Plan. The ILP’s will include many modalities of instruction. Please give me the gift of time to work with my teachers and staff on design and implementation. For those students who have Special Education Services, these accommodations will resume as well.
- Charter School IN SCHOOL Instruction = May 4th – May 22nd.
Although there are no confirmed cases of COVID-19 affecting the school community at this time, we realize there is still great concern among our community about how this disease could still spread. Today’s decision, although difficult, is being made out of an abundance of caution for our communities’ health. In addition to closing the charter school, the following measures are also taking place:
- All athletic activities will be suspended until March 30th as outlined by the Canyon Athletic Association.
- All Field Trips for the remainder of the year will be canceled. Please give the business office time to process all refunds.
I appreciate the patience and grace you have all shown me over the past week as I navigate this unprecedented public health challenge that affects us all. As additional information comes in I will continue to provide updates to our community.
CEO/Superintendent of Schools
San Tan Montessori School INC
2013 – 2018 East Valley Tribune Best Charter School
2014 Gilbert Chamber of Commerce Large Business of the Year