Montessori Minutes 10/26
Happy Saturday San Tan Montessori Preschool families,
As the beginning of the Holiday Season approaches with Halloween this week I sincerely wish you and your families safe and happy celebrations. At San Tan we do not celebrate Halloween and Holidays at school with no Halloween activities, costumes or candy at school Please-see nutrition/allergy policy Thank you!
- Multicultural Fair Friday November 8th https://events.time.ly/gq83n9v?event=31332386
- No School Veteran’s Day Monday November 11th
- Fall Picture Retakes Wednesday November 13th https://events.time.ly/gq83n9v?event=31306162
- Kinder Information Night Thursday, November 14th https://events.time.ly/gq83n9v/32211237
- Munch and Sing Friday, November 22nd https://events.time.ly/gq83n9v?event=34281169
- Charlie Brown Thanksgiving Wednesday, November 27th https://events.time.ly/gq83n9v?event=29953967
- No school Thanksgiving break Thursday, November 28th and Friday, November 29th
Hello Music Together Families,
This week in class we sang the Hello Song, The Sounds of Fall, One Little Owl, Los Fandangos, Old Brass Wagon, Sneakin’ ‘Round the Room, This Little Light of Mine and the Goodbye Song. Ask your child which one was their favorite! You can find them all on your MT CD’s and Books. For a Storybook Trailer of “One Little Owl” check out this link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qbbNOms_nwU
Please see attached Music Together newsletter to see the other great things happening in music class.
Music Together In-School Specialist
Love and Logic Consultant
Harvest Celebration: https://events.time.ly/gq83n9v?event=34281169
Please take a moment to read my Outdoor Environment newsletter, to learn all about our work in nature this week!
Montessori Outdoor Environment Teacher
If you have not ordered your child’s t-shirt yet…
Here is the link to order your child’s classroom t-shirt for our classroom t-shirt project beginning this month. Individual classroom stencils are being created for the front-thank you Ms. Graft! Ms. Hubbard will help students complete their shirts with parent volunteers at the end of October-November.
Our hope is to have all shirts completed to be able to be worn for our Munch and Sing on Friday November 22nd. Please order your child’s shirt as soon as possible.
If you are doing your Christmas shopping and want to extend the joy of Montessori at home consider shopping at Montessori services and notate our San Tan Montessori customer # 165000.
Mark your calendars to visit our 3rd annual Multicultural fair with your child…
Friday November 8th from 8:30-11:30 am and 2:30-4:30pm…
Our 2019 Multicultural Fair is just around the corner! The 2019 Fair Theme embodies the mission and vision of San Tan: WALK A MILE IN MY SHOES. Each year families from all over the globe gather to share family histories through traditions, clothing, artifacts and FOOD! Please join us! The goal of the Multicultural Fair is always to education, entertain and expose students to places and people groups from around the world. YOU DON’T WANT TO MISS THIS and WE DON’T WANT TO MISS YOU! Please use the signup genius link to indicate your COUNT ME IN! response:
https://www.signupgenius.com/go/70a0d4caea628a5f58-20192 to host a booth
https://www.signupgenius.com/go/60b0f44afad28a3ff2-cultural to help as a parent volunteer
Your shoes and culture are important!
Mark your calendars to attend our Kinder Information Night…
Thursday November 14th starting at 5:30pm…
We cordially invite you to take a journey through the day of a kindergarten student, learning about the strengths of the Mainstream and Montessori experiences. We hope this informational session will provide you the details you will need to make an informed decision for your child. After our presentation, we will take you on classroom tours to answer any individual questions about each experience. Sign up genius to follow.
Mark your calendars to attend our 13th annual Charlie Brown Thanksgiving…
Wednesday November 27th starting at 11 am…
One of San Tan’s most memorable traditions is less than THREE weeks away! This event dates back to our very first year as a school with toast and popcorn just like in the movie. Over the years it has always been a beautiful community event keeping with the heart of the first meal, bringing family together.
- Preschool and K-8 students dismiss by 11:30am
- Please park your cars in the parking lot, church, or the neighborhood, and pick up your child in their classrooms before 11:30am
Bring your lunch for a picnic on the playground with family, friends, and new friends!
- Bring the whole family and extended family and your blankets, chairs, or other seating to hang out on the elementary playground from 11:00-1:00
Sign up here: https://www.signupgenius.com/go/60B0448AAAC2FA7FF2-charlie to bring a dessert to share with our community
Sign up here to help bring needed supplies: https://www.signupgenius.com/go/4090b48a8ad2aa3fa7-recker1
- All items must be NUT FREE nutrition/allergy policy
- Please drop off your donation in the morning when you drop your child off at school. We will have
- All items need to be cooked, defrosted, and ready to eat. We will have volunteers working during the school morning to cut all pies, etc.
Our Thankful Art showcase created by our Preschool through 8th grade classrooms is a highlight of the event!
Ms. Rita Sippel, M. Ed.
San Tan Montessori
Chief Customer Officer / Assistant Superintendent
San Tan Charter School, K-12