Laramie Letters 9/2
Dear San Tan Families,
It was such a pleasure to have the students on campus yesterday. It felt so great to see them in the classroom and around campus. We cannot wait to have everyone on campus next week!
New to STCS?
If you are new to San Tan or have not yet joined, please consider joining our school’s closed Facebook page. On this page, we attach announcements, event invites, pictures of events, and more!
STCS Family Connection- https://www.facebook.com/groups/1405318893015221/
Recker Main Page – https://www.facebook.com/SanTanCharterSchool/
Do you need school spirit gear to wear on Spirit Fridays? Check out the link that posted on our website:
Open to all 5th and 6th Graders for Girls Volleyball, Flag Football, and Cheer. Practices will begin Sept 14th. If you student is interested in participating this Fall, please use Register My Athlete to register your student. If you have further questions, please reach out to our Athletic Director Ms. Tatum at email@example.com
UsBorne Book Fair
Join us for our first VIRTUAL Usborne Books & More Book Fair this September!
We have decided to move our book fair virtually this fall so that all students and families can safely participate. The event will run from September 21st- 27th.
The book fair will feature tons of great books, including educational tools to help alongside distance and in-person learning.
You will have access to shopping through the entire week, as well as teacher wish lists to gift to our amazing teachers! Last fall we were able to gift over $3,500 in FREE BOOKS back to the school & teachers- and can’t wait to fill our classrooms again with new amazing books!
Love and Logic Parenting Class
“Parenting the Love and Logic Way” Live Online Workshop
6 Week Live Life-Changing Online Workshop
Time: 6:00PM to 7:00PM (Pacific Time)
Dates: Sept., 8, 15, 22, 29, Oct. 6, &,13, 2020
Spouse or significant other attends for free with registration.
Come transform your home and discover…
- How to help children take ownership of their own problems
- Tools that will allow you to eliminate arguing in the home
- How to get your children to act the first time
- How to help your children to take ownership and solve their own problems
- Allow the consequences to be the “bad guy” not you
- How to get kids to do contributions(chores) around the house
- How to set and enforce boundaries
- Tools to create transforming relationships and connections with your children
This year’s catering will be from Intentional Foods! The mission of Intentional Foods is to ensure that every student, regardless of allergies or sensitivities, has a choice when it comes to school lunches. As parents of children with life threatening food allergies, we understand firsthand the challenges of finding safe food options that we can trust. This is why in 2017, we started our journey of providing safe, delicious and allergy friendly foods to Arizona. Everything that we create is made in a facility that is always free of the top 9 most common food allergens which include Wheat (and all gluten), peanuts, tree nuts, dairy, eggs, soy, shellfish, seafood and sesame). Our lunches are delivered directly to your students’ classroom in sealed, ready to eat individually wrapped, and environmentally friendly disposable containers.
Our promise is simple, Allergy friendly, safe and delicious food, always. Link to our menu items and ingredients. Thank you for supporting inclusive eats!- Chef Ned and Mama Lisa
To order: click the following links
- Our school day will start at 8:30, with gates opening at 8:05. Students will have to go directly to their classroom once they are dropped off to ensure social distancing.
- Dismissal will start at 2:30 and students will be expected to be off-campus, unless they have signed up for after care, by 3:15.
- We will be employing an app for after school pick-up to ensure social distancing at the end of the day. This means that students will be dismissed by their teacher from the classroom once their parents/guardians have approached the school to pick them up. A separate email regarding this app will be sent separately this week.
Face Masks and Handwashing
This week our teachers have been going over best practices for wearing face masks and handwashing in order to help prevent the spread of COVID. Our wonderful nurse, Ms. Stevens, has also recorded a couple of tutorial videos that I would encourage you to watch with your kids. A few reminders:
- Per CDC guidelines, we are requiring all of our kids to wear the over-the-ear masks as it has shown to be the most effective in slowing the progress of COVID. Please see our more detailed face mask policy attached here.
- Students will not be required to wear their masks while eating or when they are outdoors (for PE and Recess). We recommend that students have a Ziploc bag to keep their masks in while not in use. Please make sure you are using a new Ziploc bag each day.
At this time, we are so excited to find that the Gates Foundation and Donor’s Choose are currently matching teacher’s projects at 50%. Therefore, our teachers are filling out projects at this time. If you would like to donate, you can click on the following links.
If you use the code “LIFTOFF” at check out, then your donation is DOUBLED!
Dates to Remember
- 9/7- Labor Day- No School
- 9/8- Student Return 5 Days a Week
- 9/9- Safety Drill
- 9/14- Virtual Grandparents Day
- 9/21- Peace Day
- 9/30- Half Day
- 10/1-10/2- Parent Teacher Conferences
- 10/5-10/9- October Break
- 10/12- Professional Development Day- No School
Athletic Dates to Remember
- Athletic Dates for best reference Click Here
Mrs. Sarah Laramie, M.A.
Principal, Recker Campus
Doctoral Candidate, Grand Canyon University
San Tan Charter School
3959 E. Elliot Rd.
Gilbert, AZ 85234