Laramie Letters 8/25
Dear San Tan Families,
Thank you for keeping up with all the communications! I know that there is a lot being thrown at you between our re-opening plan and our MAP testing this week, so thank you for your patience and flexibility. There is a lot happening on our campus this week:
School Supplies Drop-off
By now, you should have gotten an email from your child’s teacher about dropping off school supplies and saying a quick hello to their teachers in preparation for our hybrid learning plan next week.
- M/T Hybrid – Wednesday, August 26 from 2-4pm
- Th/F Hybrid – Wednesday, September 2 from 2-4 pm
Please reach out to your child’s teacher if you have not received the Sign-up.
I’ve attached the email I sent about how to prepare for MAP testing this week for your reference. The two most common errors on test day are Screen Resolution and Pop Up Blockers, so please make sure to read the instructions to fix these potential errors prior to test day.
This year’s catering will be from Intentional Foods! The mission of Intentional Foods is to ensure that every student, regardless of allergies or sensitivities, has a choice when it comes to school lunches. As parents of children with life threatening food allergies, we understand firsthand the challenges of finding safe food options that we can trust. This is why in 2017, we started our journey of providing safe, delicious and allergy friendly foods to Arizona. Everything that we create is made in a facility that is always free of the top 9 most common food allergens which include Wheat (and all gluten), peanuts, tree nuts, dairy, eggs, soy, shellfish, seafood and sesame). Our lunches are delivered directly to your students’ classroom in sealed, ready to eat individually wrapped, and environmentally friendly disposable containers.
Our promise is simple, Allergy friendly, safe and delicious food, always. Link to our menu items and ingredients. Thank you for supporting inclusive eats!- Chef Ned and Mama Lisa
To order: click the following links
Re-opening, Monday August 31
We have finalized our school schedule and want to highlight some important items.
School Schedule: Please find the full schedule attached in this email.
- Our school day will start at 8:30, with gates opening at 8:05. Students will have to go directly to their classroom once they are dropped off to ensure social distancing.
- Dismissal will start at 2:30 and students will be expected to be off-campus, unless they have signed up for after care, by 3:15.
- We will be employing an app for after school pick-up to ensure social distancing at the end of the day. This means that students will be dismissed by their teacher from the classroom once their parents/guardians have approached the school to pick them up. A separate email regarding this app will be sent separately this week.
- Our lunch delivery by Intentional Foods will begin next week. Please click here if you are interested in ordering a hot lunch for your child during the school year.
Face Masks and Handwashing
This week our teachers have been going over best practices for wearing face masks and handwashing in order to help prevent the spread of COVID. Our wonderful nurse, Ms. Stevens, has also recorded a couple of tutorial videos that I would encourage you to watch with your kids. A few reminders:
- Per CDC guidelines, we are requiring all of our kids to wear the over-the-ear masks as it has shown to be the most effective in slowing the progress of COVID. Please see our more detailed face mask policy attached here.
- Students will not be required to wear their masks while eating or when they are outdoors (for PE and Recess). We recommend that students have a Ziploc bag to keep their masks in while not in use. Please make sure you are using a new Ziploc bag each day.
Online Learning – Since we will still be doing online learning as part of our Hybrid Approach, please review our online learning guidelines, especially as it relates to attendance:
- Students have been given a Google Classroom account to start the year, and parents will be asked to sign consent forms for Google Classroom and Zoom.
- In order to best accommodate our families during periods of online learning, the online attendance policies are as follows:
- Students will be marked present if they are able to attend the live meets and complete the daily work as assigned by the teacher.
- Students will be marked present if they are unable to attend the live meets and have made prior arrangements with the teacher, but is still able to complete and turn in the daily assignments.
- Students will be marked absent if they are unable to attend live meets and also not completing the daily work as assigned by the teacher.
- Students are expected to demonstrate good digital citizenship while online.
Mrs. Sarah Laramie, M.A.
Principal, Recker Campus
Doctoral Candidate, Grand Canyon University
San Tan Charter School
3959 E. Elliot Rd.
Gilbert, AZ 85234