Laramie Letters 8/20
Attached are the Recker Campus school event calendars for the year. In these calendars, you will find field trip dates, testing dates and more. We wanted to share these with you early so that you can make family plans. Please let me know if you have any questions about these!Download July – Dec 2019 Event Calendar Download Jan – June 2020 Event Calendar
Everyone (even returning families) will need to re-register for a new account on the system. If you are interested in participating in hot lunch for the upcoming school year, please click on the link below. All hot lunches come with a meat, vegetarian, or salad option as well as 2% white milk or water at a cost of $3.75 per day. All September lunch orders MUST be completed by end of day Thursday, August 29th at 11:59 PM
September’s Lunch Menu is ready at
- All families need to re-register and set up their “family profiles” (kiddo names and Teacher)
- Preschool – 4th Please Choose Homeroom teacher
- Middle School Grades 5th-8th Please Choose “Middle School” for teacher
The main page has links to the steps involved
- Select menu items
Thank you and please let me know if you have any questions or concerns!
Recker Academic Success Kit
Please remember to pay your $15 per student for: https://yqysjrrxph.formstack.com/forms/rask
At this time, we are so excited to find that the Gates Foundation and Donor’s Choose are currently matching teacher’s projects at 50%. Therefore, our teachers are filling out projects at this time. If you would like to donate, you can click on the following links.
If you use the code “LIFTOFF” at check out, then your donation is DOUBLED!
We have decided to implement the Learning Dynamics Reading System as a support for our Imagine It curriculum in our classrooms. The Learning Dynamics Reading system is designed to hold’s your child’s interest right when they need it. With each book, their reading confidence soars. The lessons present each letter, reward the child as they master a concept, and use songs to reinforce concepts.
There is an at-home component to the product that we wanted to offer as an option. With each set that is purchased, you receive 53 full-color books, CD (or digital download) with songs, lesson manual, activity book, letter rewards, and flashcards. These are the same products that are being utilized in the classroom. Each lesson is no more than 15 minutes, and the best results come from doing the lessons with your child three times per week.
If you would like to order, please use the below link. With each order, a $25-dollar gift certificate to Amazon will be donated back to your child’s teacher’s classroom.
Fall Pictures are on August 21st. Pre-pay online ordering! Parents have the ability to order pictures by visiting ios.dorianstudio.com and using the school’s access key, D9VKERCM, also found on your picture day envelope before and up to four (4) days after picture day. After the 4-day grace period expires, a personalized access key will be sent home with picture delivery. A $7 shipping and handling fee will be added to all orders made with a personalized access key and orders ship directly home.
Recker Middle School Student Council
- 7 and 8th grade President & Vice President
- 5-8th grade Historian, Treasurer, Secretary
Class Reps: One per homeroom (5th-8th grade)
Aug 23rd Paperwork due. No late submissions will be accepted
Aug 26-29th Campaigning. Please allow 5-8th graders into the building to hang posters (tape only). Students may NOT pass anything out to the student body. Posters and introductions during recess only.
Aug 30th Elections
- Officer Election-It is an anonymous election. Teachers will be provided with a document that will have each candidate’s “speech” on it. Winners will be announced during 7th
- Class Reps. Students will prepare a speech to give to their homeroom class followed by voting.
Our annual beginning of the year PAPER DRIVE is in full effect starting Thursday, August 22nd. The class with the MOST points will receive a teacher reward for participating is $150.00 classroom fund. Write your teacher’s name on the paper and send it to the front office. Middle School should put their HOMEROOM teacher on their writing
White Ream of Paper =3 points
San Tan is going to JAPAN! Please click on the flyer to find out more information and how to RSVP for the meeting. August 28 @ 6 PM in the Power Student UnionDownload JAPAN Flyer
Dates to Remember
- 8/21- Fall Picture Day
- 8/22-10/4- Paper Drive
- 8/22-8/23- Vision and Hearing Screenings
- 8/26- Clubs Begin
- 8/28- Half Day of School
- 8/28- Japan Trip Meeting
- 9/2- No School
- 9/18- Grandparents Day
- 9/25- Half Day of School
- 10/1-10/4- Usborne Book Fair Event
- 10/2-10/4- Half Days for Conference
- 10/3-10/4- Parent-Teacher Conference
Athletic Dates to Remember
- 8/20 – Jr. High Flag Team 1 vs. Legacy Gilbert 4:30 (Power Campus)
- 8/21 – Varsity Volleyball vs. Madison Highland Prep 4:30 (Power Campus)
- 8/22 – JV High School Volleyball Team 1 vs. Heritage Gateway 4:30 (Power Campus)
- 8/22 – Varsity Volleyball vs. Heritage Gateway 6:15 (Power Campus)
- 8/24 – Swim Series #1 @ Chandler High School
- 8/26 – Jr High Volleyball Team 2 vs. Val Vista Academy 5:00 (Power Campus)
- 8/27 – Varsity Volleyball vs. LFPA 4:30 (Power Campus)
- 8/27 – JV High School Volleyball Team 2 vs. Madison Highland Prep 6:00 (Power Campus)
- 8/29 – JV High School Volleyball Team 1 vs. Sequoia 4:00 (Power Campus)
- 8/29 – Varsity Volleyball vs. Sequoia 6:00 (Power Gym)
- 8/30 – Varsity Football vs. ASU Phoenix @ 7:00 (735 East Filmore, Phoenix 85006)
Mrs. Sarah Laramie, M.A.
Principal, Recker Campus
Doctoral Candidate, Grand Canyon University
San Tan Charter School
3959 E. Elliot Rd.
Gilbert, AZ 85234
“Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world”- Nelson Mandela