Laramie Letters 11/26
Happy short week! It is NOT going to rain on Charlie Brown Thanksgiving. Yay!!
Charlie Brown Thanksgiving Information
- There will be Kindergarten Concert in the gymnasium beginning at 10:30. We will be opening the doors for parents as early at 10:00 for early seating for the concert.
- If you would like your older student to watch the concert, please let the classroom teachers know to send them down to the gym.
- Recker Campus Dismissal for CBT will be from 10:30-11:30 am. Please park your cars in the parking lot, church, or the neighborhood, and pick up your child in their classrooms. There will be NO drive lane this day.
- We will have room outside to have our traditional Charlie Brown Thanksgiving. You are welcome to bring lunch and have a picnic with your family on school grounds. Please keep in mind that the ground is still wet from the previous rains.
- Thankful Art will be hung all around the Campus.
Tis the season to be thankful! Looking for a way to express your thankfulness? The student Council will be selling Gobble Grams starting Wednesday, November 20th through the following Wednesday, November 27th. You can purchase these heartfelt messages of thanks for $1.00 each at the gate in the mornings from 8:05 a.m-8:25 a.m. Gobble Grams will be delivered to students on Wednesday, November 27th. Make sure to purchase one before they’re all gobbled up!
Winter Parent-Teacher Conference Camp
With Winter Break just around the corner, our San Tan Electives-Specials Team is getting ready for our next Parent-Teacher Conference Camp for kids. Parent-Teacher Conferences occur as soon as we return from the break. Our Half-Day Kids Camp Team is hard at work planning, and the deadline for registration and payment for camp is Monday, December 9th (prior to our Winter Break). Cost is $40 each day and runs from 11:40 to 4:00 PM. Students need to bring a sack lunch and snack; and parents will need to pickup their student(s) at the drive lane at 4:00 PM. You can register and pay online at https://yqysjrrxph.formstack.com/forms/halfday_camp
If you need additional After Camp Aftercare services, our Montessori Aftercare program can provide service from 4:00 to 5:30, please contact our Montessori Aftercare coordinator RSippel@santancs.com to register.
Girls on the Run- Club Opportunity
Open to Girls 3rd – 5th grade. The club will begin on January 28 and meet on Tuesdays and Thursdays from 3:45-5:15pm. The girls will be in the cafeteria and out on the backfield during their club. More info to follow. Click Here to register
Registration ends Nov. 30.
Heart and Sole- Club Opportunity
Open to Girls 6th – 8th grade. Registration begins Nov. 1 and the program will begin Jan. 27. We will meet 2 times a week on Monday and Thursday afterschool from 3:45-5:15pm. No club on 2/17, 3/5, 3/8, 3/12, and 3/16. Meet in Middle school student union and then backfield. More info to follow. Click Here to register
Registration ends Nov. 30.
STCS Recker Campus Yearbook for Sale- Purchase Opportunity
To purchase a “Roadrunner Respect: What Goes Around, Comes Around” 2019-2020 yearbook, click here.
Arizona Tax Credit- Donation Opportunity
To donate to San Tan Charter School, click here
Dates to Remember
- 11/27- Kinder Music Performance
- 11/27- Charlie Brown Thanksgiving Half Day
- 11/28-11/29- No School HAPPY THANKSGIVING
- 12/2- MAP Testing Begins
- 12/5- Winter Sports Pictures at Power
- 12/6- Last Day of Clubs
- 12/10- Elementary Music Concert/Art Walk @ 5:30-6:30
- 12/12- Montessori Music Concert @ 5-6
- 12/12- Middle School Music Concert @ 6:30-7:30
- 12/16-12/20- Scholastic Book Fair
- 12/19-12/20- Half Days
- 12/20- Higley Singers Winter Performance @2
- 12/23-1/3- NO SCHOOL
- 1/6- First Day of Spring Semester
Athletic Dates to Remember
- 11/26 Varsity HS Boys Basketball Game (Away) @4
- 11/26 Jr. High Team 1 Boys Basketball Game (Power) @4
- 11/26 Jr. High Softball Game (Power) @4
- 11/26 HS Team 2 Boys Basketball Game (Away) @430
- 11/26 Varsity HS Girls Basketball Game (Power) @530
- 12/2 Jr. High Softball Game (Away) @ 4
- 12/3 Jr. High Team 2 Boys Basketball Game (Power) @4
- 12/3 JV HS Team 1 Boys Basketball Game (Away) @545
- 12/4 Jr. High Girls Softball (Away) @ 4
- 12/4 Jr. High Team 2 Boys Basketball Game (Away) @4
- 12/4 Varsity HS Girls Basketball Game (Away) @530
- 12/6 JV HS Team 1 Boys Basketball Game (Away) @530
- 12/6 Varsity HS Boys Basketball Game (Away) @7
- 12/9 Jr. High Girls Softball (Away) @ 4
- 12/10 JV HS Team 1 Boys Basketball Game (Away)
- 12/10 Jr. High Team 1 Boys Basketball Game (Away) @430
- 12/12 Varsity HS Girls Basketball Game (Away) @430
- 12/13 Varsity HS Boys Basketball Game (Away) @630
- 12/16 JV HS Team 2 Boys Basketball Game (Away) @515
- 12/16 Varsity HS Basketball Game (Away) @530
Mrs. Sarah Laramie, M.A.
Principal, Recker Campus
Doctoral Candidate, Grand Canyon University
San Tan Charter School
3959 E. Elliot Rd.
Gilbert, AZ 85234
“Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world”- Nelson Mandela