Laramie Letters 11/12
Kindergarten Information Night
Thursday November 14th, 2019
5:30 pm in the Gymnasium
Come learn about the choices you have for kindergarten at San Tan Charter School for the 2020-2021 School Year.
(Montessori, Mainstream, Full Day, Half Day)
We cordially invite you to take a journey through the day of a kindergarten student, learning about the strengths of the Mainstream and Montessori experiences. We hope this informational session will provide you the details you will need to make an informed decision for your child. After our presentation, we will take you on classroom tours to answer any individual questions about each experience. Please sign up below.
Free Love and Logic Classes
Do you have a strong-willed kid? Do you have a kid that likes to push back? Come discover some tools that will put the fun back into parenting. Two dates and times to choose from.
Girls on the Run
Girls on the run is an afterschool program being offered at San Tan Charter School Recker campus for girls in grades 3rd – 5th. We will meet 2 times a week for 10 weeks. Girls will have fun, make friends, increase their physical activity levels and learn important life skills. Trained and caring coaches lead 3rd – 5th grade girls through interactive lessons and running activities. The season ends with a noncompetitive 5K event.
The club will begin on January 28 and meet on Tuesdays and Thursdays from 3:45-5:15pm. The girls will be in the cafeteria and out on the backfield during their club. More info to follow. Register at www.gotrmc.org.
Registration ends Nov. 30.
Heart and Sole
Heart & Sole is a club for girls in grades 6th – 8th and creates a positive, structured space for middle school girls to learn about themselves, explore new ideas, cultivate empathy, strengthen connections and develop skills that will help them as they move through adolescence and beyond.
The Heart & Sole curriculum was developed by Girls on the Run International to meet the unique needs of middle school girls. Rich with themes girls can relate to, the curriculum addresses the whole girl—body, brain, heart, spirit and social connection— and builds important life skills. The season ends with a noncompetitive 5K event,
Registration begins Nov. 1 and the program will begin Jan. 27. We will meet 2 times a week on Monday and Thursday afterschool from 3:45-5:15pm. No club on 2/17, 3/5, 3/8, 3/12, and 3/16. Meet in Middle school student union and then backfield. More info to follow. Register at www.gotrmc.org.
Registration ends Nov. 30.
Charlie Brown Thanksgiving Information
One of San Tan Charter School’s most memorable traditions is only THREE weeks away! This event dates back to Dr. Sippel and Mrs. Sippel’s very first years as a school. Over the years it has transformed into a beautiful community event. All the while keeping with the heart of the first meal, bringing family together. Here are some FUN Facts about Charlie Brown Thanksgiving.
- ALL Recker Campus Dismissal at 11:30am
- Please park your cars in the parking lot, church, or the neighborhood, and pick up your child in their classrooms at 11:30am
- Bring your turkey sandwiches, Chic Fila, pizza, or any meal you want to enjoy with your family and friends
- Bring blankets, chairs, or other seating you would want to enjoy your meal
Sign up here: https://www.signupgenius.com/go/60B0448AAAC2FA7FF2-charlie to bring a dessert to share with our community
Sign up here to help bring needed supplies: https://www.signupgenius.com/go/4090b48a8ad2aa3fa7-recker1
- All items must be NUT FREE
- Please drop off your donation in the morning when you drop your student(s) off at school. We will have volunteers helping to take all items from cars in drive lane.
- All items need to be cooked, defrosted, and ready to eat. We will have volunteers working during the school morning to cut all pies, etc.
- Don’t forget to walk through our Thankful Art created by each class and our Art Masterpiece Volunteers.
STCS Recker Campus Yearbook for Sale
Our 2019-2020 Recker Campus Yearbook Team is pleased to announce the Premiere Sale of this year’s Recker Campus Yearbook. Copies of the Yearbook can be ordered online or over the count (with the attached Order Form). Our Yearbook theme this year is “Roadrunner Respect: What Goes Around, Comes Around” and the Team is excited to be creating and providing our families with a 100-page book of San Tan Memories. Order Link:
Arizona Tax Credit Progam
The tax credit program is the perfect way to give and support San Tan Charter School. The program is a win/win for everyone. The best part is whatever you contribute, you will receive dollar for dollar back on your state taxes. So, if you give $100, you can deduct that $100 off what you owe in taxes. If you are a married couple, you may only contribute up to $400. If you are single, the total amount that you can contribute is $200. A one-time contribution is also wonderful.
Dates to Remember
- 11/12- Recker Math Olympiad
- 11/13- Fall Picture Retake Day
- 11/13- 3rd grade Zoo Chaperone meeting 4-4:30 Room 204
- 11/14- No Lego Club
- 11/14- Noetic Math Fall Contest
- 11/14-Kinder Information Night
- 11/15- Fifth Grade Field Trip to American Heritage Festival
- 11/16- Elementary Math Olympiad Competition
- 11/21-11/22- Third Grade Overnight Zoo Field Trip
- 11/21- First Grade Sea Life Aquarium Field Trip
- 11/22- High School Powder Puff Football Game
- 11/26- PBIS Store open
- 11/27- Kinder Music Performance
- 11/27- Charlie Brown Thanksgiving Half Day
- 11/28-11/29- No School HAPPY THANKSGIVING
- 12/2- MAP Testing Begins
- 12/5- Winter Sports Pictures at Power
- 12/6- Last Day of Clubs
- 12/10- Elementary Music Concert/Art Walk @ 5:30-6:30
- 12/12- Montessori Music Concert @ 5-6
- 12/12- Middle School Music Concert @ 6:30-7:30
- 12/16-12/20- Scholastic Book Fair
- 12/19-12/20- Half Days
- 12/23-1/3- NO SCHOOL
- 1/6- First Day of Spring Semester
Athletic Dates to Remember
- 11/16 CAA 11 Man Tackle Football Championship @ 6:30
- 11/21 Jr. High Girls Softball Game (Away) @ 4
- 12/2 Jr. High Softball Game (Away) @ 4
- 12/4 Jr. High Girls Softball (Away) @ 4
- 12/9 Jr. High Girls Softball (Away) @ 4
Mrs. Sarah Laramie, M.A.
Principal, Recker Campus
Doctoral Candidate, Grand Canyon University
San Tan Charter School
3959 E. Elliot Rd.
Gilbert, AZ 85234
“Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world”- Nelson Mandela