Laramie Letters 10/22
Charlie Brown Thanksgiving Information
One of San Tan Charter School’s most memorable traditions is only THREE weeks away! This event dates back to Dr. Sippel and Mrs. Sippel’s very first years as a school. Over the years it has transformed into a beautiful community event. All the while keeping with the heart of the first meal, bringing family together. Here are some FUN Facts about Charlie Brown Thanksgiving.
- ALL Recker Campus Dismissal at 11:30am
- Please park your cars in the parking lot, church, or the neighborhood, and pick up your child in their classrooms at 11:30am
- Bring your turkey sandwiches, Chic Fila, pizza, or any meal you want to enjoy with your family and friends
- Bring blankets, chairs, or other seating you would want to enjoy your meal
Sign up here: https://www.signupgenius.com/go/60B0448AAAC2FA7FF2-charlie to bring a dessert to share with our community
Sign up here to help bring needed supplies: https://www.signupgenius.com/go/4090b48a8ad2aa3fa7-recker1
- All items must be NUT FREE
- Please drop off your donation in the morning when you drop your student(s) off at school. We will have volunteers helping to take all items from cars in drive lane.
- All items need to be cooked, defrosted, and ready to eat. We will have volunteers working during the school morning to cut all pies, etc.
- Don’t forget to walk through our Thankful Art created by each class and our Art Masterpiece Volunteers.
Multicultural Fair- Volunteer Opportunity
Our 2019 Multicultural Fair is just around the corner! The 2019 Fair Theme embodies the mission and vision of San Tan: WALK A MILE IN MY SHOES. Each year families from all over the globe gather to share family histories through traditions, clothing, artifacts and FOOD! Please join us! The goal of the Multicultural Fair is always to education, entertain and expose students to places and people groups from around the world. YOU DON’T WANT TO MISS THIS and WE DON’T WANT TO MISS YOU! Please use the signup genius link to indicate your COUNT ME IN! response:
https://www.signupgenius.com/go/70a0d4caea628a5f58-20192 to host a booth
https://www.signupgenius.com/go/60b0f44afad28a3ff2-cultural So help as a parent volunteer.
Your shoes and culture are important!
Staff Love Day- Volunteer Opportunity
WE NEED YOU! It’s that time of year where we help the classrooms get their thankful art done! November 7th From 9:00-11:00 our Art Masterpiece volunteers and you will be teaming up to take over the class and embark on an art project based on things we are thankful for. This art will be displayed at our annual Charlie Brown Thanksgiving Feast. If you r interested sign up here: https://www.signupgenius.com/go/4090c4baaa922aafd0-staff any questions? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org
We are excited to bring back the ZAG Fundraiser!!! With the ZAG Fundraiser we are happy to offer the athletic tumbler, Tervis products, and candle sales. All NFL, NBA, MLB, and NHL teams, as well as select colleges, are included. They also offer non-athletic designs. The Tervis products come in a variety of designs with a double-walled insulated tumbler, drinkware sets, stainless steel, and the standard tumbler. Each student will come home with a packet of information on the products. These products make great gifts for the holiday season. All orders are due Wednesday, November 6th, to ensure delivery for the holiday season. Please make all checks payable to San Tan Charter School. Please reach out to Ms. Tatum with any questions at email@example.com
BOO! Get ready to SCREAM! Take a trip through our Haunted House… If you dare! From October 29th to November 1st from 6-9pm.
STCS Forward Thinking
Reminder Every Wednesday until the end of school, we will be asking that students where Higher Education, Armed Forces or trade school shirts to school. We really are looking at promoting higher education in our K-8 campus. We will be encouraging classrooms to write to different colleges and asking for shirt donations.
Please help us in enhancing the PBIS Reward program by supplying incentives for students and teachers who are rewarded points for their good deeds! Students will have an opportunity to purchase supplies by using points they have earned for example, focusing on work, showing super school spirit, helping another student, teacher, or staff member, keeping our campus clean, etc. Teachers will also have an opportunity as well to earn points for being caught doing something amazing or wearing super school spirit on Fridays! All Staff members have been tracking student’s and teacher’s points so that they are rewarded with supplies/prizes that they can use at home or at school. Take a look at the many items available and help support our store!
Note: The store will be open the last Friday of every month beginning Oct. 25th. Kids can visit the store during their lunch recess. https://www.signupgenius.com/go/60B0448AAAC2FA7FF2-pbis
STCS Recker Campus Yearbook for Sale
Our 2019-2020 Recker Campus Yearbook Team is pleased to announce the Premiere Sale of this year’s Recker Campus Yearbook. Copies of the Yearbook can be ordered online or over the counter (with the attached Order Form). Our Yearbook theme this year is “Roadrunner Respect: What Goes Around, Comes Around” and the Team is excited to be creating and providing our families with a 100-page book of San Tan Memories. Order Link: https://www.yearbookordercenter.com/?event=general.displayLanding&jobnumber=21041
Dates to Remember
- 10/21-10/23- Tonto Creek Field trip
- 10/29-11/1- Power Campus Haunted House
- 11/1- Second Grade Field Trip to Gilbert Historical Museum
- 11/1- Fourth Grade Field Trip to JABiztown
- 11/7- Montessori Music Celebration
- 11/7- Staff Love day
- 11/8- Multicultural Fair
- 11/8- K-8 Learning Celebration
- 11/11- NO SCHOOL for Veteran’s Day
- 11/13- Fall Picture Retake Day
- 11/14- Kinder Information Night
- 11/15- Fifth Grade Field Trip to American Heritage Festival
- 11/15- Middle School Math Olympiad Competition
- 11/16- Elementary Math Olympiad Competition
- 11/21-11/22- Third Grade Overnight Zoo Field Trip
- 11/21- First Grade Sea Life Aquarium Field Trip
- 11/22- High School Powder Puff Football Game
- 11/27- Charlie Brown Thanksgiving Half Day
- 11/28-11/29- No School HAPPY THANKSGIVING
- 12/2- MAP Testing Begins
- 12/6- Last Day of Clubs
- 12/10- Elementary Music Concert
- 12/12- Middle School Music Concert
- 12/16-12/20- Scholastic Book Fair
- 12/19-12/20- Half Days
- 12/23-1/3- NO SCHOOL
- 1/6- First Day of Spring Semester
Athletic Dates to Remember
- 10/22 Pink Out Volleyball Game (Power Campus)
- 11/15 JV HS Volleyball Game (Power Campus)
- 11/17 Varsity HS Volleyball Game (Power Campus)
- 11/18 Varsity Football Game (Power Campus)
- 11/25 Varsity Football Game (Away)
- 11/1 Varsity Football Game (Power Campus)
- 11/9 CAA Football Championships
Mrs. Sarah Laramie, M.A.
Principal, Recker Campus
Doctoral Candidate, Grand Canyon University
San Tan Charter School
3959 E. Elliot Rd.
Gilbert, AZ 85234
“Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world”- Nelson Mandela