First Day Back on Campus – Recker
Hello all! I am so excited for the start of our hybrid schedule on Monday. I wanted to send out some information to ensure a great first week back for our students.
- Gates open at 8:05. All students will come directly into the classroom – there will be no outside morning recess.
- Class will begin promptly at 8:30. If you are arriving on campus after 8:30, parents must sign in at the front office and receive a pass to class.
- Kindergarten Parents – You received a separate email from me about drop-off 😊
Half Day Kinder: 12:00 PM
K – 6 Grades: 2:30-3:00
- We will be employing the School Dismissal Manager app for after school pick-up so that we can follow our safeguards and ensure the safety of our staff and students. We had a glitch in the Dismissal app system and the company needs another week to straighten it out.
- Download Dismissal App Parent Letter
- We anticipate rolling that out in a couple of weeks. More information about the app is attached in this email so you can read more about it. We will send more details about this new dismissal process once we’re ready to implement it.
- For next week, we are asking for your help during pick-up:
- Please create a sign with your family name (student last name) on it
- You are free to arrive between 2:30-3:00
- Please have car cards visible on your dash in your cars OR with you if you are walking up for pickup in the afternoon.
- A member of the school staff will check your car and radio for your students to come down to driveline.
- If you need to buckle your student in, please make sure to park and come to the front door so that we can dismiss your child to you. Staff will not be able to buckle children into cars.
- Specials will begin on Day one – please make sure that student have tennis shoes for PE.
- Please remember our nut-free policy for lunches. There are no microwaves available for student use in elementary school. Students will need to bring any utensils they may need.
- Please pack a healthy, quick, non-messy afternoon snack each day. Also, don’t forget water bottles!
This year’s catering will be from Intentional Foods. The mission of Intentional Foods is to ensure that every student, regardless of food allergies or sensitivities, has a choice when it comes to school lunches. Everything is made in a facility that is always free of the top 9 most common food allergens which include wheat (and all gluten), peanuts, tree nuts, dairy, eggs, soy, shellfish, seafood and sesame. Lunches will be delivered directly to your students’ classroom in sealed, ready-to-eat at individually wrapped, and environmentally-friendly disposable containers.
To order: click the following links
Face Masks and Handwashing
This week our teachers have been going over best practices for wearing face masks and handwashing in order to help prevent the spread of COVID. Our wonderful nurse, Ms. Stevens, has also recorded a couple of tutorial videos that I would encourage you to watch with your kids. A few reminders:
- Per CDC guidelines, we are requiring all of our kids to wear the over-the-ear masks as it has shown to be the most effective in slowing the progress of COVID. Please see our more detailed face mask policy attached here.
- Students will not be required to wear their masks while eating or when they are outdoors (for PE and Recess). We recommend that students have a Ziploc bag to keep their masks in while not in use. Please make sure you are using a new Ziploc bag each day.
Online Learning – Since we will still be doing online learning, please review our online learning guidelines, especially as it relates to attendance:
- Students have been given a Google Classroom account to start the year, and parents will be asked to sign consent forms for Google Classroom and Zoom.
- In order to best accommodate our families during periods of online learning, the online attendance policies are as follows:
- Students will be marked present if they are able to attend the live meets and complete the daily work as assigned by the teacher.
- Students will be marked present if they are unable to attend the live meets and have made prior arrangements with the teacher, but is still able to complete and turn in the daily assignments.
- Students will be marked absent if they are unable to attend live meets and also not completing the daily work as assigned by the teacher.
- Students are expected to demonstrate good digital citizenship while online.
We are just so excited to see you and your kiddos in the morning!
Mrs. Sarah Laramie, M.A.
Principal, Recker Campus
Doctoral Candidate, Grand Canyon University
San Tan Charter School
3959 E. Elliot Rd.
Gilbert, AZ 85234