Tauscher Times 5.23.23
Hello Power Campus!
As we wrap up the school year this week, I want to make sure to share these reminders with families:
- Friday, May 26, we have a half-day schedule on the last day of school. It is a “B” Day schedule – Have students bring yearbooks for signing!
- Click here to donate items for breakfast being served the last day! (Deadline is today!)
- Send your students back with any items owned by the school so you are not billed – athletics uniforms/technology especially!
- Technology check-in for rented devices and “un-connecting” personal devices happens May 26
- Graduation is this Thursday, May 26, at 4:30pm for 8th grade and 7pm for seniors!
- 8th grade and Senior students can be released at lunch to prepare for the big day : )
Final MAP testing data…
The information below shows the school’s progress on the NWEA benchmark testing. The green percentages show where the school met this year’s school-wide goal that 70% of all San Tan Charter students would meet the 50% percentile all students who took the test world-wide at their grade-level.
The “cut scores” for the 50% world-wide percentile increases from the Fall, Winter, to the Spring, so this is a moving target that reflects normal student growth throughout the school year. The yellow highlights on this table show the goal we set last year of 60% of our students would meet or exceeding this norm.
As a result of this data, this year we invested heavily into our ALEKS mathematics program, which is also used at the college/university level, and the school invested in training to develop Professional Learning Communities (PLCs) to help our math and English teams and all of our departments moving forward.
As always, our work is a work in progress and we will not rest in making improvements to our school! But this is very significant in that a majority of students attending San Tan Charter stand above the rest of the world! Let me be the first to thank our students, teachers and parents on this achievement!
|Math MAP Scores||Reading MAP Scores|
|August 22||Dec. 22||May 23||August 22||Dec. 22||May 23|
|Grade||Met||% Growth||Met||% Growth||Met||% Growth||Grade||Met||% Growth||Met||% Growth||Met||% Growth|
Sports Summer Camps
Looking to participate in sports next school year? Remember, there are NO CUTS for anyone trying out for sports at San Tan Charter! Even for first-year players, come out and try new things. Please see the attached flier for detailed information, and sign up for our sports camps at the link below:
End of the Year Parent-Teacher Conferences
Sign-up today! Conferences are organized in 90-minute blocks with the average conference time lasting 10 minutes. Please select the time block that is most convenient for your family and select the teachers you would like to conference with before selecting “submit”.
Families will meet in the student union during their scheduled time block and wait for their teacher(s) to come and meet them for their appointment. This format allows families to move through all conferences with the least amount of wait time.
When: June 1st & 2nd
Class Electives – SY 2023-24
If you have not signed up already, time to sign up for electives! Electives are on a first-come, first-served basis, so remind your students to sign up today!
- When you are ready, log into Infinite Campus to make your selections.
- Choose 3 favorites and 3 alternates.
- Click the Menu, scroll to the bottom to the More options, then Course Registration and Add Courses to see the electives.
- All Electives are available to choose from! Show us which electives you want next year.
- Basketball PE
- Creative Writing
- Culinary I & II (HS 0nly)
- Family Consumer Sciences (JH only)
- Film Studies (HS 0nly)
- Football PE
- Gaming Industry / eSports
- Life Connections (HS 0nly)
- Math for Mathematicians
- Odyssey of the Mind
- Peer Leadership
- Personal Finance (HS 0nly)
- Physical Education
- Show Choir
- Sign Language I & II
- Spanish I & II
- Sports Broadcasting
- Stage Craft
- Very Well Minded (JH only)
- Volleyball PE
- Weight Lifting
2023-24 School Supplies
It’s never too early to be prepared! San Tan is kicking off its annual back-to-school fundraiser that will save you money while making your life easier! Pre-order your child’s school supplies now and they will magically arrive in your child’s classroom at the Meet the Teacher Night!
Pre-Order & Pay online @ SanTanGiftedCommunity.org.
The fundraiser contains ALL personal and classroom supplies on the teacher’s supply list for next year.
**Fundraiser does not include reusable items, such as backpack, lunch box, Chromebooks, PE uniforms, calculators, and magazine subscriptions.
Tax Credit Giving
San Tan Charter is well on its way of reaching our goal of $100,000.00. To continue with this gracious giving, please read below as there is still time to donate.
The form link is now open to donate:
With your support, we can continue to provide the programs outlined below:
- Junior High and High School Culinary Arts: Restaurant quality cutlery, pots/pans, additional shelving, and supplies for the classroom
- Full-Day Kindergarten Scholarship
- Funding for the Library/Media Space
- Health Care Supplies
- Playground Equipment
In addition, our Montessori Preschool School gives out around $45,000.00 a year in scholarship to those families in need, we are able to offer these scholarships because of the Arizona School tax credit program. The best part is whatever you contribute, you will receive dollar for dollar back on your state taxes. So, if you give $100, you can deduct that $100 off what you owe in taxes. You do not have to have a child at the school to pledge, you must only be an AZ State resident paying AZ State taxes.
Here is the live link for the Preschool School Tax Credit:
Here is the live link for the Private School Tax Credit: https://yqysjrrxph.formstack.com/forms/privateschooltaxcredit
Yearbooks on Sale
If you have not ordered already, don’t hesitate and click below for orders! All orders from now through the end of the school year will be shipped directly to your home.
San Tan Charter utilizes student laptops to access curriculum for the majority classes. Click on the links below for an approved list of devices you can purchase for your student for the school.
- Approved Chromebook List – https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1aEObzp9n4hZaP_C8BPOBCTtHADoQWj9Jt9jkFa1gEMk/edit?usp=sharing
- Technology Payments (for personal and tech rentals) – https://santancharterschool.com/laptop-lease/
- Technology Agreement Form – All Students must complete the technology agreement form yearly. https://drive.google.com/file/d/1tBXepw0WkWlSazS8suUaZTNea1LFCpTY/view
Infinite Campus Parent Portal
Follow your students’ attendance, grades and more by logging on to the Infinite Campus Parent Portal by clicking here.
Looking to work at San Tan?
San Tan Charter is looking for Guest Teachers. Please call 480-222-0811 for more information.
Visit the San Tan Charter School Calendar – https://santancharterschool.com/calendar/
Download a PDF of our calendar of events – https://santancharterschool.com/wp-content/uploads/2022/02/2022-2023-school-year-calendar.pdf
Become an Athletic Sponsor- Click Here to Donate
Social Media Links
Calendar of Events
Tech Turn-In Day
Last Day of School
480-222-0811 (Power Campus)
San Tan Charter School
Visit us at SanTanCharterSchool.com
2014 – 2019 Best of Gilbert, AZ