Laramie Letters 7/23
Dear Recker Families,
We are so thrilled to welcome students on campus this week! Recker Round Up will be our first welcome to campus events.
If you are NOT receiving my emails, my best recommendation is to add me (email@example.com) as a contact. This will ensure that my emails are not identified as “spam” in your inbox.
– Mrs. Sarah Laramie, Principal
Please note the following changes for the Recker Front Office for the next couple weeks of Professional Development
- July 26th– The office will be closed all day
Attached is the information to order from our hot meals vendor, AZ Hot Meals.
Everyone (even returning families) will need to re-register for a new account on the system. If you are interested in participating in hot lunch for the upcoming school year, please click on the link below. All hot lunches come with a meat, vegetarian, or salad option as well as 2% white milk or water at a cost of $3.75 per day. All August lunch orders MUST be completed by end of day on July 24th.
August’s Lunch Menu is ready at
- All families need to re-registerand set up their “family profiles” (kiddo names and Teacher)
- Preschool – 4th Please Choose Homeroom teacher
- Middle School Grades 5th-8th Please Choose “Middle School” for teacher
The main page has links to the steps involved
- Select menu items
Thank you and please let me know if you have any questions or concerns!
New to STCS?
If you are new to San Tan or have not yet joined, please think about joining our school’s closed Facebook page. On this page, we attach announcements, event invites, pictures of events and more!
- San Tan Charter School Family Connection- https://www.facebook.com/groups/1405318893015221/
- Recker Main Page – https://www.facebook.com/SanTanCharterSchool/
- Montessori Main Page – https://www.facebook.com/SanTanMontessori/
- Athletics Main Page – https://www.facebook.com/STCSAthletics/
School Supply Lists
I have linked to our school supply lists below.
Recker Academic Success Kit
This next year, we are asking families for $15 per child to purchase our “Success Kit”. In the success kit, will be the following items.
- School Agenda- School
- School Communication Folder
- PBIS Rewards
- Data Tracking Kit
We will be taking payments with the following link: https://yqysjrrxph.formstack.com/forms/rask
Please fill out one form per student: Payment is due by August 1st.
We are in need of guest teachers to fill in when our teaching staff is out ill. If you have been a guest teacher for us in the past, please email Ms. Golonka at firstname.lastname@example.org to get back on the list for this school year. If you are new, please also reach out to me for the appropriate information.
Family Engagement Committee
We are interested in restarting the Family Engagement Committee. The FEC will be helping with school events, parent groups, fundraising initiatives and organizing parent support within the classroom. If you are interested in joining, please email Ms. Heller at email@example.com
Help Feed Our Teachers!
We are asking parents to help support our staff by providing dinner items during the evening of Open House. Our theme for this year is a Taco/ Burrito Bar. Please have all donation items fully cooked and dropped off to the front office by 4:30 pm. Our teachers will be getting a dinner break from 5:00-6:00. We have 50 staff members on campus this year. To sign up, please click the link below. We sincerely appreciate any and all donations.
Dates to Remember
7th and 8th grade Social
Save the Date: July 24th, 2019
Location: Main Event at Greenfield and Ray
Fee: $25 at the door- cash only please
To sign up please click the following link: https://www.signupgenius.com/go/10c054aa4ab22a6fc1-main3
Recker Round Up
Save the Date: July 25th, 2019
Location: Recker Campus
Save the Date: July 30th, 2019
Location: Recker Campus
- 3:00PM Session One: Begin in Gymnasium (Principal Presentation)
- 4:00PM Session Two: Begin in Gymnasium (Principal Presentation)
- 5:00PM – 6:00PM ALL STAFF DINNER BREAK; NO SESSIONS
- 6:00PM Session Three: Begin in Gymnasium (Principal Presentation)
- 7:00PM Session Four: Begin in Gymnasium (Principal Presentation)
Mrs. Sarah Laramie, M.A.
Principal, Recker Campus
Doctoral Candidate, Grand Canyon University
San Tan Charter School
3959 E. Elliot Rd.
Gilbert, AZ 85234
“Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world”- Nelson Mandela