Laramie Letters 5/20
Hello Recker Families!
Happy last week of school. I cannot believe that is already that time! While I am broken hearted that this is the way we have to part this year, I am confident that this difficult parting will make coming back together that much sweeter. I am SO looking forward to hearing the students in the hallways and in the classrooms. They are the reason that we do what we do and I cannot wait to get back to normalcy. I want to thank you all from the bottom of my heart for all of your support, love and kindness that you all have shown through this truly historic time.
Here is a link for a quick video as thank you to you as parents from staff members. Please click on this link https://flipgrid.com/7a0ef57a
I will still be sending Laramie Letters throughout the summer. I am going to touch base with updates on campus. However, please know that I still work through the summer and am here for calls, visits or emails!
With my love, Mrs. Laramie
- If you drive by the campus, you may see a ton of construction on our well-loved “back building”. It is getting a “Willmeng facelift” and will be housing our beautiful Montessori classrooms as well as 5th and 6th grade. I can’t wait to show you the process throughout the summer!!!
- We are very excited that this summer we will be updating our EnVision curriculum to the latest edition. This will include the portal that you have become accustomed to over the Covid-19 home based instruction as well as student workbooks. We are so thrilled with the investment in our student’s math education!
Beginning of the School Year Next Year
We are looking forward to having students back on campus for the 2020-2021 school year. We are waiting for direction from the Superintendent of schools, Kathy Hoffman, so we can hear what the state is recommending for reopening.
If you are not comfortable sending your students back in, we are excited to announce that we will be continuing our Home-Based Instruction platform for the 2020/2021 school year. This online instruction platform, will be another San Tan “experience” that families can utilize. If you would like additional information please contact me.
Summer Camp Offerings
SIGN UP FOR A CHOOSE YOUR OWN ADVENTURE CAMP
JUNE 1ST – JULY 29TH, 2020
8:00 AM – 3:45 PM
Before Care options available starting at 7 AM and After Care options available till 5:45 PM. Contact Myra Icke with any questions – email@example.com or 480-222-0811
Our 9-week summer program is tailored to students from Toddler through 6th Grade. Travel to the Lost Kingdom, Atlantis, Greece, Paris, the Wild Wild West, and more on our weekly adventures.
- Choose the Weeks you’d like to participate
- Choose from our 3-Day, 4-Day, or 5-Day programs
- Choose Half Day or Full Day
- Before Care (7 AM – 8 AM) and After Care (3:45 PM – 5:45 PM) options available
Register and Pay in the office for San Tan Montessori Summer Camp.
Our athletics department is excited to offer some amazing summer athletics programs beginning June 1st. Our coaching staff has been busy planning and is ready to welcome everyone back. There are offerings in:
- Football (5th-12th Grades)
- Basketball (1st-12th Grades)
- Volleyball (3rd-12th Grades)
- Swim (5th-12th Grades) *please note at this time swim is for interest only as we are still working with EVO for pool time. Please make sure to submit any interest and our athletic department will email once we have confirmation of pool usage.
With COVID 19 we are taking extra steps to ensure we are keeping our campus sanitized. For the safety of all of our staff and students we are asking the following things:
To register for a camp please visit: https://yqysjrrxph.formstack.com/forms/summer_camp
Student Supply Pick Up Instructions
I wanted to send out instructions on how to pick up your child’s personal affects. Our teachers are diligently bagging your student’s belongings in brown paper bags. Starting at 10 am on the following days, the bags will be placed outside the school on the green bags next to gloves for your convenience.
|Grades||Date of Pick Up|
|K-1||Monday May 18th|
|2-3||Tuesday May 19th|
|4-5||Wednesday May 20th|
|6-8||Thursday May 21st|
|Remaining Bags||Friday May 22nd|
As you can imagine, there are quite a few bags being placed out. If you have multiple students in different grade levels, my recommendation will be to arrive on Friday to pick up your bags as the remaining bags from the week will be put out then.
Mrs. Sarah Laramie, M.A.
Principal, Recker Campus
Doctoral Candidate, Grand Canyon University
San Tan Charter School
3959 E. Elliot Rd.
Gilbert, AZ 85234
“Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world”- Nelson Mandela