Laramie Letters 1/7
Happy January from the Recker Campus! We were excited for the kiddos to return yesterday! We have a really fun quarter coming up.
-Mrs. Sarah Laramie
Laramie Letters Action Items
- Reserve your spot now!! Current Student Enrollment for 2020-2021 Due SOON click here to enroll
- Reminder for Half Days January 8-10th
- Donate to the Tax Credit Arts/PE Program click here to donate
- Gifted Testing Registration click here for form
For more information on the above and more, please read below!!
Conference Night Dinner Request
Please help us in providing our wonderful teachers dinner on Thursday, Jan. 9 during our late afternoon and evening parent/teacher conferences! Please warm us with your delicious Italian style meals! We would appreciate your help in bringing food in by 4:00 pm so they can take a break for dinner between meeting with parents.
Reminder: No nuts.
Everyone (even returning families) will need to re-register for a new account on the system. If you are interested in participating in a hot lunch for the upcoming school year, please click on the link below. All hot lunches come with a meat, vegetarian, or salad option as well as 2% white milk or water at the cost of $3.75 per day. All January lunch orders MUST be completed by the end of day Thursday, January 23rd at 11:59 PM
February’s Lunch Menu is ready at http://secure.santancharterschool.com/
San Tan’s annual Gifted Testing event is approaching quickly!
If you are interested in having your child tested for giftedness, please complete the attached Parent Request Form and return it to the office with the testing Co-Pay. Once a child is identified as gifted, they do not need to retest. Gifted testing will begin in mid- February.
Note: If your child is currently in a gifted class and identified as ‘provisional’ they will automatically be retested, you do not need to send in the recommendation form. : -)
**Gifted Testing Requests are due no later than January 15th.
Montessori Fundraiser Event
Through the years we have traveled from Fashions shows to A Night in Paris and celebrated at the Montessori Golden Globes, now we take you on a grand adventure to:
A Night in Atlantis
February 29th at 7:00 pm
Sponsored by Willmeng
Please join us for an adult evening in the magical underwater Atlantis Kingdom, full of music, fine food, drink and art created by your favorite Montessori Students.
Tickets for the event go on sale January 6th and are $35.00 for General Admission and $60.00 For VIP Seating.
VIP tickets include: Reserved seating, Pictures at a themed photo shoot of your child, Pictures will be printed and placed at your seats, you will also enjoy wine at your table.
To make this magical Night happen we would love any help you want to offer, we are looking for the following items:
- Old Pool Noodles
- White Christmas lights (White lights on white strings are the best!)
- Clear plastic bulbs
- LARGE card board boxes –T. V boxes or appliances boxes
Eastmark Color Run
San Tan Charter School is excited to partner with the 5th Annual Eastmark Parkway Color Run and many other schools in our area- a portion of the Proceeds will directly benefit for all who participate and all who donate. If you would like to volunteer at the event, please contact email@example.com
January 25th @ 9:00am (registration opens at 7:30am)
Post race event will run until Noon
DJ, Bounce Houses, Food Trucks and MORE!
HUGE FREE RAFFLE
Located in Eastmark’s Great Park
10100 E Ray Rd, Mesa 85212
REGISTER TODAY! www.EPColorRun.org
Arizona Tax Credit– Donation Opportunity
The tax credit program is the perfect way to give and support San Tan Charter School’s goal of $93,750.00. The program is a win/win for everyone. By redirecting your tax dollars, you will support special programs at San Tan Charter School such as Music Education and STEM, which each student participates in and Physical Education including Character Education, in which students participate in daily. It also helps support our Library and computer lab time for our students. At the Junior High and High School levels this helps support our amazing electives offerings.
The best part, is whatever you contribute, you will receive dollar for dollar back on your state taxes. So, if you give $100, you can deduct that $100 off what you owe in taxes. If you are a married couple, you may only contribute up to $400. If you are single, the total amount that you can contribute is $200. A one-time contribution is also wonderful.
Our Private Montessori School gives out around $45,000.00 a year in scholarship to those families in need, we are able to offer these scholarships because of the Arizona Private School tax credit program. The best part is whatever you contribute, you will receive dollar for dollar back on your state taxes with this program as well. So, if you give $500, you can deduct that $500 off what you owe in taxes. If you are a married couple, you may contribute up to $1,138. If you are single, the total amount that you can contribute is $569.
Dates to Remember
- 8-1/10th– Half Day Elementary
- 8th– NJHS Inductions @5:30-7:00 at Power Campus
- 9th– Spring Club Sign Up Night
- 10th– Safety Drill
- 14th– Math Olympiad
- 15th– Gifted Testing Form Due
- 15th– 100th Day of School
- 15th- Spring Sports Registration Night @6:00 at Power Campus
- 15th– Power Campus Information Night @6:00 at Power Campus
- 17th– Recker Campus Spelling Bee
- 18th– Winter Formal 7th-8th Grade @4:00-5:00 at Power Gym
- 20th– Martin Luther King Day NO SCHOOL
- 22nd– National Geographic Bee
- 24th– District Spelling Bee
- 25th– East Mark Color Run
- 29th– Kinder Information Night @5:30-7:30
- 31st– January PBIS Store
- 1st– Learning Celebration/ STEM Fest @8:30-2:00 at Power Campus
- 5th– Spring Pictures
- 8th– Family Fun Night @5:30
- 11th– Math Olympiad
- 13th– San Tan University Parent Night
- 14th– Staff Appreciation Day
- 17th– President’s Day NO SCHOOL
- 18th– First Grade Field Trip
- 19th-21st– Fourth Grade Science Camp Field Trip
- 19th– Kinder Field Trip
- 21st– Middle School Math League
- 22nd– Elementary School Math League
- 24th– Middle School Music Concert
- 25th– Fifth and Sixth Grade Field Trip
- 26th– Half Day
- 27th– 7th Grade Field Trip
- 29th– Montessori Field Trip
- 3rd-6th– Book Fair
- 4th-6th– Half Day Teacher Conference
- 9-18th– Spring Break
Athletic Dates to Remember
Athletic Dates for best reference Click Here
Mrs. Sarah Laramie, M.A.
Principal, Recker Campus
Doctoral Candidate, Grand Canyon University
San Tan Charter School
3959 E. Elliot Rd.
Gilbert, AZ 85234
“Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world”- Nelson Mandela