Errington Edition 9/18
A HUGE thank you to all of you who braved the heat on Friday to attend our Recker Roundup! It was such a pleasure talking with so many of you, providing tours, seeing our students pumped up to be roadrunners. I also enjoyed seeing so many of you later that night seeing our Varsity Football Team put up another WIN. The pictures don’t really do the event and the feel of our community to justice. I also have to take this time to thank my administrative team, the teachers, staff, and parent volunteers who made the event possible. After a long work week everyone spent extra hours to show our Roadrunner Pride!
Our school values professional development for our teachers and staff as we continue to grow in our craft. Attached to this email you will see an outline of the half days for the entire school year. We are thrilled to announce our Recker Campus Specials/Electives Team will be offering Conference Day Camps during (October, January, and March) conference days until 4pm. Please see the attached flyer for the outline and the flyer for the Fall into Fun October Camps for October 3rd, 4th, and 5th. All profits from the camp will go directly to the Recker Campus specials classrooms! A huge thank you to Ms. Kisler (STREAMS), Mr. Winters (Music), Ms. Tomasek (Art/PE), and Mr. Crooms (PE) for providing this experience to our children and families.
Sign up here: https://www.signupgenius.com/go/10c0545a8a823a0f58-fall and pay in the front office.
Wednesday September 26th, 2018
No childcare or aftercare
K-1(Half day & Full day Kinder)- 11:00 am
2nd and Montessori Elementary (Calvey & DeWyke)- 11:15am
3rd & 4th Grade- 11:25am
Middle School (5th-7th)- 11:35am
Remember pick up cards and pick up at eldest child’s pick up time
Paper Drive Game changer!
White paper will now be worth 3 points !
White Ream of Paper =3
Colored Paper = 2
Colored Cardstock = 1
Current Rankings Still being calculated with the new paper change!
October Lunch Menu ONE MORE WEEK LEFT
Everyone (even returning families) will need to re-register for a new account on the system. If you are interested in participating in hot lunch for the upcoming school year, please click on the link below. All hot lunches come with a meat, vegetarian, or salad option as well as 2% white milk or water at a cost of $3.75 per day. All August lunch orders MUST be completed by end of day on Monday 9/24.
October’s Lunch Menu is ready at http://secure.santancharterschool.com/
- All families need to re-register and set up their “family profiles” (kiddo names and Teacher)
- Preschool – 5th Please Choose classroom teacher
- Middle School Grades 6th – 7th Please Choose Middle School for teacher
- The main page has links to the steps involved
- Select menu items
Guest Teacher Openings
Guest Teacher – we are in need of guest teachers to fill in when our teaching staff is out ill. If you have been a guest teacher for us in the past, please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org to get on the list for this school year. If you are new, please also reach out to me for the appropriate information.
Our goal to enhance the security of San Tan Charter School. To accomplish this, we have started a campaign to raise funds to install security systems on both the Power and Recker campuses for the 2018-2019 school year. gofundme.com/santan
This system is comprised of three parts:
• First, we will install a visitor screening system at the front desks called LobbyGuard. Learn more. (THIS HAS BEEN FULLY FUNDED)
• Second, we will install impact/shatter-resistant 3M Safety and Security Window Film on all the windows on campus. Learn more. (COMPLETELY INSTALLED)
• Lastly, we will install 16 new surveillance cameras to cover entrances and outdoor common areas which will log multiple days of activity.
For just $47 per student, this project will be fully funded. gofundme.com/santan
Thank you for your donation in this initiative to keep our students safe. gofundme.com/santan
Support Our Troops ~ Care Packages for Heroes! October 1st– 5th
- Donations accepted during Homecoming week, donation boxes will be available at the entrance gates and in the office.
- Our school has partnered with Boots in the House to deliver care packages to American soldiers deployed in Afghanistan, Iraq, on Naval Ships and much much more! Every item makes a difference to our soldiers so far from home.
- Free admission to one San Tan Sports event per donation during Homecoming week. Donations will be accepted at the gates.
- The grade level with the most supplies will earn a special surprise! See the attached flyer to see the items per grade level. All donations are greatly appreciated; families are welcome to donate any item on the attached flyer.
August 20th-October 4th Paper Drive Continues
September 22nd– Gifted Family Gathering 10:00am-12:00pm at Jumpstreet
September 26th – Charter School Half Day (see dismissal times here: https://events.time.ly/gq83n9v?event=14562146)
September 26th– Chipotle Family Night 4:00-8:00pm- Power and Ray Road
September 28th– Second Grade career Day 1pm-3pm
October 1-5th – Homecoming Week
October 3rd-October 5th– Half Days https://events.time.ly/gq83n9v?event=14605402
ILP Conferences- see teacher emails for signupgenius link
October 8th-October 12th – Fall Break- NO SCHOOL https://events.time.ly/gq83n9v?event=14605629
San Tan Charter School- Recker Campus
“The function of education is to teach one to think intensively and to think critically. Intelligence plus character – that is the goal of true education.” ~ Martin Luther King, Jr.