Errington Edition 11/13
Happy Learning Celebration Week!
Learning Celebrations are a time honored tradition here at San Tan Charter School. They are a time for you to join your child in their classroom, to experience learning at its finest. I always love how all classrooms, projects, work samples, etc… are unique. Your child will most likely lead most of the learning celebration and probably show you around their classroom. They are more than a display of student work rather a time for students to reflect on and articulate what they have learned, how they learned, questions they answered, research they conducted, what they loved, and what they didn’t. They are powerful opportunities to make learning public for our students, a sense of pride in their accomplishments. We have conveniently broken up the learning celebrations by grade bands to prevent parking congestion and allow you to dedicate yourself to all of your children. I hope you enjoy learning celebration as much as the kids, teachers, and administration do.
Thursday November 15th @ 3:00pm
Kindergarten- 2nd grade & Montessori Elementary
All Kindergarten through 2nd Grade Families please park and join your student in their classroom for their Learning Celebration.
Grade 3rd-7th will have normal dismissals.
Friday November 16th @ 3:25pm
All 3rd – 7th Grade families please park and join your student in their classroom for the Learning Celebration.
Kindergarten -2nd Grade will have normal dismissals.
Keep the STAFF SHOUTOUTS coming! Please feel free to visit this link to give a teacher or staff member a shoutout: https://goo.gl/forms/E9t7xmwn189p4gWm1 .
Staff Shoutout Highlights for the week:
- Megan Owings- Kindergarten- She is an amazing dedicated teacher. She has a warm heart and is passionate about her kids. She has such an amazing energy that radiates through her class. My son has learned so much in her class and loves going to school every day. Kindergarten is such a huge time in a child’s life and she makes it such a positive and fun time.
- Alisa Johnson- 2nd grade Gifted- She goes above and beyond, it is so obvious that she puts extensive planning, intentionality, and thought into the development of her classroom community and teaching. We LOVE Mrs. Johnson!
- Leslie Risan-5th/6th grade Reading/Social Studies- is a dynamic and brilliant teacher who puts the needs of her students first! Her students love and respect her. She is special and is one of the best teachers we have ever met!
Small Business Saturday moves ONLINE!
Attend Gilbert Days, cheer your kiddo on at their game, or maybe head out for brunch- Our Small Business Saturday has moved to an ONLINE shopping event! All small business links will be revealed this Saturday, November 17th and run through Saturday November 24th. All proceeds will go towards our goal of supporting the Recker Campus Technology Department! It’s not too late to get your small business to be included. Please contact Ms. Simonton (firstname.lastname@example.org) by this Thursday, November 15th.
If you are interested in participating in hot lunch for the upcoming school year, please click on the link below. All hot lunches come with a meat, vegetarian, or salad option as well as 2% white milk or water at a cost of $3.75 per day. All December lunch orders MUST be completed by end of day on Monday 11/20.
December’s Lunch Menu is ready at http://secure.santancharterschool.com/
- Preschool – 5th Please Choose classroom teacher
- Middle School Grades 6th – 7th Please Choose Middle School for teacher
- Select menu items
- Pay (this step must be completed by the deadline to avoid order cancellation)
Attorney Volunteers! San Tan will be starting a new competition this year called Mock Trial for our 5th-7th graders! Students will be given a case by the State and will compete in a real trial. To help each team learn and master openings, closings, directs, cross examinations, introducing evidence, witness preparation, and trial procedures we are looking for some amazing attorneys who can volunteer their time as coaches. Each team has eight players and the practices can be designed around your schedule. It is a great way to give back to the community and can count as pro-bono hours if you work with a firm. Practices would start after Winter break and regionals are Saturday, March 2nd. Please let Dr. Love know if you are interested in being a coach by Friday, November 16th at email@example.com so we can provide you with more information.
Picture Retake Day
Wednesday November 14, 2018
We also have ordering packets in front office.
San Tan Charter School
Wednesday November 21, 2018 11:30am-1:30pm
One of San Tan Charter School’s most memorable traditions is only TWO weeks away! This event dates back to Dr. Sippel and Mrs. Sippel’s very first years as a school. Over the years it has transformed to fit our growing community. All the while keeping with the heart of the even, bringing family together. Here are some FUN Facts about Charlie Brown Thanksgiving (CBT).
- ALL Recker Campus Dismissal at 11:30am
- Please park your cars in the parking lot, church, or the neighborhood, and pick up your child in their classrooms at 11:30am
- Bring your turkey sandwiches, Chic Fila, pizza, or any meal you want to enjoy with your family and friends
- Bring blankets, chairs, or other seating you would want to enjoy your meal
- Sign up here: https://www.signupgenius.com/go/20f0945a8ae2fa3fb6-charlie to bring a dessert and/or help set up.
- All items must be NUT FREE
- Please drop off your donation in the morning when you drop your student(s) off at school. We will have volunteers helping to take all items from cars in drive lane.
- All items need to be cooked, defrosted, and ready to eat. We will have volunteers working during the school morning to cut all pies, etc.
- Enjoy your meal and dessert with your families, friends, and the San Tan Community!
- Don’t forget to walk through our Thankful Art created by each class and our Art Masterpiece Volunteers. Below you will see some examples of our family friendly event from last year.
Half-Day Winter Conference Camp for Kids
We are pleased to announce, with the success of our Fall Half-Day Conference Camp, that we will be offering a Winter Half-Day Conference Camp during our January 9th, 10th, & 11th Parent Teacher Conferences. The registration and payment deadline is Friday, January 4th, but you can SAVE YOUR SPOT by signing up on our Sign-up Genius (this also helps our teachers plan for their camp activities). Please turn in your registration form and payment to the front. Our theme for this camp will be Winter Wonderland. If you have any questions please feel free to contact Ms. Kisler at firstname.lastname@example.org. Proceeds go to funding our amazing specials and electives program!
Winter Camp Sign-up Genius: https://www.signupgenius.com/go/10C0545A8A823A0F58-winter
November 14, 2018- Picture Retake Day
November 15, 2018- Recker Student Council Gobble Grams for Sale
November 15, 2018- K-2(and Montessori Elementary) Learning Celebration 3:00pm (park and pick up child from classroom to see all the amazing learning from 1st semester) https://events.time.ly/gq83n9v?event=14625871 (3-7th grade drivelane as usual)
November 15, 2018- 7th Grade Information Night 5:30-6:30pm POWER CAMPUS https://events.time.ly/gq83n9v?event=17605999
November 16, 2018- 3rd -7th Learning Celebration (park and pick up child from classroom to see all the amazing learning from 1st semester)
https://events.time.ly/gq83n9v?event=14625884 (K-2nd & Montessori Elementary drivelane as usual)
November 21, 2018- Montessori Thanksgiving Performance- 10:30am- Recker Campus Gymnasium
November 21, 2018- Charlie Brown Thanksgiving- 11:30am- https://events.time.ly/gq83n9v?event=14625888
November 22-23, 2018- NO SCHOOL
San Tan Charter School- Recker Campus