Armstrong’s Agenda 5/12
Good afternoon, Roadrunners!
Happy seventh week of Home-Based Instruction. Thank you to all of the students who are checking in each day. We love hearing from you. Last week was Teacher Appreciation and to help celebrate during this time we have posted dedications for each of our teachers on our Facebook page. Please take a moment to go and take a look and we would love for our families and students to post their thoughts in the comments areas as well: https://www.facebook.com/groups/1405318893015221/
As a reminder the dates for Home-Based Instruction are as follows:
- 4/14-5/15 Home-Based Instruction
- 5/18-5/22 Final Exams
We will continue to be very flexible in the coming weeks, and we know that some families and students are going to experience glitches along the way. Please let us know how San Tan can best support you during this time.
Final Exams & Final Due Dates for Assignments
- Final assignments are due on 5/18 by midnight.
- Final Exams will be posted by teachers on 5/15 and open until midnight on 5/20. The final exam will cover third quarter content only.
Technology/Textbook Check-In Process
All technology, textbooks and other school property need to be turned in by May 22nd. We will have a curbside drop off available to families. We are asking that you turn in the items during this time. As a reminder, final grades will not be posted and diplomas will not be issued until all items are returned to the school or paid for. Please take a moment to sign up for a time to drop off these items below: https://www.signupgenius.com/go/60b0c44aca62d6-technology
Spring pictures will be available for pick up during the Technology/Textbook Check In Process, if you haven’t signed up for a time, please do so here: https://www.signupgenius.com/go/60b0c44aca62d6-technology
To celebrate our seniors, we have created a quiz for the students. We have pictures of our staff members their senior year. Take a look: Match your teacher to their Senior picture!
Our football lights are still on for 20 minutes starting at 8:20PM each night to celebrate our 2020 seniors.
We have started spotlight each of our seniors on our Facebook page. We have been posting approximately 10 a day, and will continue to do so throughout the week. Take a moment to see what all our extraordinary seniors are doing at: https://www.facebook.com/groups/1405318893015221/
Have no fear! We have not cancelled either the 8th grade or High School graduations. We are excited to announce that these graduations will take place, with proper social distancing in place, on June 25th. 8th grade will be at 6:30PM and 12th grade will be at 8PM. We will be keeping up to date with the news and if that changes, we will let you know. San Tan is actively seeking the guidance of the CDC on social distancing and planning; what we can share is that this will be located on the football field as well as a virtual component.
Caps & Gowns
Caps & Gowns for 8th grade and high school graduates can be picked up May 20-22nd during the technology/textbook drop off times. If you haven’t already signed up for a time, please do so here: https://www.signupgenius.com/go/60b0c44aca62d6-technology
Summer Athletic Camps
Our athletics department is excited to offer some amazing summer athletics programs beginning June 1st. Our coaching staff has been busy planning and is ready to welcome everyone back. There are offerings in:
- Football (5th-12th Grades)
- Basketball (1st-12th Grades)
- Volleyball (3rd-12th Grades)
- Swim (5th-12th Grades) *please note at this time swim is for interest only as we are still working with EVO for pool time. Please make sure to submit any interest and our athletic department will email once we have confirmation of pool usage.
These summer programs are a great time for student-athletes to continue to build on skills for each sport or even try out a new sport. Please see the attached catalog for all offerings and camp descriptions.
With COVID 19 we are taking extra steps to ensure we are keeping our campus sanitized. For the safety of all of our staff and students we are asking the following things:
- All adults and students will have their temperature checked by the front office before going to the gym or football field (fever over 100 will be sent home)
- All adults and students please hand sanitize or wash hands upon arrival
- All students will need to bring their own water bottle. We will provide the round cooler of water to refill water bottles and will make sure it is washed and sanitized every day
- We will be wiping down all equipment at the end of each camp session with sanitizing wipes
- If your student is feeling under the weather, please do not send them to camp
- To help minimize the number of people we are asking for no spectators this summer, including siblings. Only students enrolled to attend the camp should be in the gym or on the field
- We will utilize our drive lane for pick up and drop off of student athletes, again this minimizes the amount of people we have on campus
- Locker Rooms will only be open for the use of the bathrooms, no showers or use of lockers for summer camps
To register for a camp please visit: https://yqysjrrxph.formstack.com/forms/summer_camp
If you have any questions about a camp, please contact feel free to reach out to Nicole Tatum at firstname.lastname@example.org.
As a reminder, we have moved our morning announcements for both campuses to YouTube. Please take a moment to watch our morning announcements each day. https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCAmLAeu-M0fPM3E0PSt_-HA
We have been in communication with our yearbook publisher. Due to COVID19, their warehouse has been closed. They anticipate that their warehouse will be able to ship the yearbooks the second week of June. We will let families who purchased yearbooks know when the yearbooks arrive and arrange for a pickup.
Yearbooks are still available for this school year. Please go to: https://yqysjrrxph.formstack.com/forms/poweryearbook to order today.
Videos/Pictures of Home Based Instruction
Please send us your pictures or videos of home based instruction. We would love to see what the kiddos are up to. Please send them to email@example.com
Please remind your student(s) that it is super important to check their emails each day. The teachers are sending a lot great information to their email.
We truly miss you and hope that all is well. I hope that your family is happy, healthy and safe!